Making a bin for wood scraps is necessary for a healthy woodshop. There are a few things that have to be kept in mind, however:
- The bin should be on wheels so that you can easily clean and vacuum around it.
- The bin should be large so that it can hold a lot of material.
- The bin should have an easily understood organization so that students do no have to guess where to put their scraps.
- The wood should be stored horizontally instead of vertically so that you don't have to reach down to the bottom of the bin to get the wood you need.
- This particular bin addresses most of those issues well. The front edges of the wood are meant to be reinforced with cheap metal angle material.